Something New


 



I haven’t been active on the blog recently due to some unavoidable reasons but that does not mean I was distant from reading instead I had an epiphany.

“How many books one can read in his/her lifetime??”  -Intriguing question… isn’t it?

I googled and as expected there were varying numbers with too many factors to consider i.e.; reading speed, time one devotes, etc etc. But what made me think is just one comment- “It does not matter how much you read or how many, the only thing matters are What you learned from the book, did you apply it in real life? It is useless if you read thousands of books but didn’t learn anything from it."

 Now moving onto the second realization;

Reading a full-fledged novel demands a lot of commitment, patience, etc. I accept that and I am not much of a long-term commitment guy either (yeah except one or two)

Nature provides exceptions to every rule.

So, I looked up and found a whole different world SHORT STORIES, ESSAYS.

And this world is much better for the people who don’t have much of a concentration span or just read on a go. Just sit and read an essay or a short story with a deep message or with criticism about something or someone. There are a lot of good short stories and essays out there wanting to get read.

 So my piece of advice? – just wander in this whole new different world without any worries, discover what fits you, and don’t be afraid to try coz There’s always another day to win.

 -PR

Popular Posts